Fall 2019 Course Review
PLEASE NOTE: Our program is designed to prepare DCNP candidates for the DCNP certification exam. A separate application must be completed and submitted in order to sit for the DCNP examination. They can be found here: http://www.cnetnurse.com/dermatology/dermatology-certified-nurse-practitioner/.
The CAPD’s DCNP Certification Review Course is separate from the certification examination by the Dermatology Nurse Practitioner Certification Board. You must register for each of them separately. We recommend that eligible candidates register for the examination when you feel prepared and confident in your knowledge. For more information regarding the DCNP examination: Click HERE.
The DCNP Live Certification Review Course offered by the CAPD, will be Monday, September 30 and October 1, 2019 at the Omni Grove Park Inn, Ashville, NC. Conference registration is Sunday, September 29, 2019. The certification review course will be offered immediately prior to Maui Derm NPPA Fall 2019. This will enable attendees to identify and focus on specific knowledge areas prior to taking the DCNP certification exam offered on-site following the conference or online at a later time.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation Standards of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) through the joint providership of Dannemiller and the Center for Advanced Practice Dermatology. Dannemiller is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse practitioner continuing education. Provider number: 090419. This program is accredited for 16.5 contact hour(s) which includes 8.0 hours of pharmacology.
- 2-day live didactic review with intense focus on “need-to know” dermatology content for the Dermatology Certified Nurse Practitioner exam by the Dermatology Nurse Practitioner Certification Board.
- The DCNP Certification Exam will be offered on-site October 5, 2019, following the Maui Derm NP+PA conference or by CNET on October 19, 2019 at cross national testing sites.
- Discounts offered for attendees for both Review Course and Maui Derm NP+PA
- Attendees will receive pre-course recommendations and resources for exam preparation.
- Pre-course activities to optimize learning and self-assessment to identify areas of strength and weakness in preparing for the certification examination.
- Test-taking strategies to optimize test scores and decrease anxiety.
- Comprehensive outline of content that aligns with the new DCNP exam blueprint.
- Live instruction by expert dermatology NP educators who have successfully passed the DCNP exam and selected for their ability to effectively communicate essential knowledge and critical application of the concepts.
- Electronic course materials for rapid review.
- Two days of networking with expert faculty to guide learning and professional development.
- The live certification review course will offer continuing nursing education contact hours including pharmacology.